|The UN-Super Bowl Party
Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020. 10 - 4 pm, $100 (SOLD OUT)
Intermediate level class
A few years ago I accidentally booked an open studio session on Superbowl Sunday, but everyone loved it so it has become a tradition! Let's trade football for encaustic paint and we'll all bring snacks and drinks to share. Who's in?
This is not intended to be a guided class, but rather a place where you apply what you've already learned and have concentrated time to perfect techniques you've been trying to master. And I'll be working on my own paintings right alongside you. I will be available to answer quick questions about techniques you've already learned but won't be teaching anything new so you'll need to be able to work independently.
Just like my regular open studio sessions, this one is only open to artists who have taken at least 2 classes with me.
Here's how it works:
Confirmation, directions to my studio and additional information will be emailed to each student upon registration. Space is limited to 6 students so classes fill quickly.
- I'll provide wax medium and encaustic paint in a variety of colors (in small pots).
- All of my basic tools will be available to you including stylus, needle tools, and scrapers in different sizes. I'll also put out some basic collage papers and pastels, but feel free to bring your own.
- There will be one hot palette for every two students, just like in my classes.
- For fusing I'll have embossing heat guns, mini butane torches or larger propane torches. Please do not bring your own heat gun (large ones take too much power) but you may bring your own torch. If you have not used a torch before this is not the place to start.
- Bring your own boards to work on, up to about 12" on the longest side, or bring paintings in progress.
- There will be room on each griddle for you to work directly on the surface. Feel free to bring your own paint if you want special colors. Bring your own brushes for this or use mine if you like. I'll have paraffin available for cleaning too.
- Please no shellac, tar or other materials with lots of fumes. Never ever bring glitter. Ever. (It gets into the wax!)
- Though this has never happened before, I reserve the right to apply additional fees for excessive use of materials.
Cancellation and Liability Policies
If the workshop is canceled by the instructor, you will receive a full refund. If another instructor must be substituted for Linda Robertson due to illness or emergency you will have the option to attend the class with the substitute instructor or cancel/reschedule without penalty.
- Cancellation at least 7 days before the class date = full refund or may change to another class without penalty.
- Cancellation 7 days or less before the class date = full refund minus a $30 cancellation fee only if the space is filled by another paying student.
- No show = no refund.
- By registering for this class you agree to assume all responsibility for non-refundable expenses including but not limited to travel and lodging. Travel insurance is encouraged.
Should any injuries occur during or as a result of participation in any class or workshop, the registered student agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Linda Robertson and all employees, instructors and volunteers connected with Linda Robertson Arts.
Not sure what to expect? View blog entries to see photos from my classes. My private studio is located in NE Portland, Oregon. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.